The class will cover Major League Baseball rules.
In addition, the comparison of the newly instituted Federation Rules for High School Baseball.
Successful completion of the class will make the candidate eligible for membership into Massachusetts Baseball Umpires Association.
January 27th, February 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th
Test: March 2nd
Classroom 5509 Enter the school through the back.
Two Man Mechanics Class: March 9th. 6 PM- 9 PM
Two Man Mechanics Field Clinic Inside: March TBA
Registration: Will be the first night of class
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Where: Greater Lawrence Vocational High School
57 River Rd
Contact: Fred Simm @ 978-807-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Material: Major League Rule Book and Two Man Mechanics Book will be provided.
Classroom: Scott Young
Two Man Mechanics Class: Tom Clarke
- Thursday Feb 27th – GLBUA business meeting and banquet, Relief’s In, Lawrence, 6 - 9 PM (mandatory for all members). All Sports East will be on-site selling uniforms and equipment.
- Monday March 9th – 2-man mechanics class, Greater Lawrence Tech, 6-9 PM (mandatory for new members, open to all)
- Tuesday March 10th – Federation rules clinic, Greater Lawrence Tech, 7-9 PM (highly recommended for all who umpire high school baseball)
- Thursday March 26th – rules clinic, review of GLBUA exam, Greater Lawrence Tech auditorium, 7 PM (recommended for all members). This is the most-attended meeting of the year!
- Monday April 6th – Little League and small diamond rules clinic, Reggie Cafe, 7 PM, hosted by Tom Torrisi (recommended for 1st and 2nd year umpires and veterans that are new to LL)